Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mere mortals

Our Daily Bread
The sign on the glass said "Break glass in case of emergency".  There was a red phone inside that had  a direct line to help.  We've all seen those, haven't we?

The devotional this morning is about our own personal emergency phone -- our prayers to God!  There was the story of the older lady trapped in an elevator.  There was also the story of Asa from the Old Testament.  I loved his prayer in 2 Chronicles 14:11.  One line says "Lord, you are our God.  Do not let mere mortals prevail against you."  Wow!  How many times do we need to have that much faith in our lives!

Are there mere mortals trying to prevail against you and God today?  Trust God.  Trust God in both good times and bad times!

Lord, thank you for prevailing over everything, including mere mortals!

Technology Thursday
Managing battery life
While on vacation this week, I noticed my best friend doing something on his iPhone that I had never done -- manage open apps.  He explained to me that he is able to extend his battery life much longer if he manages the open apps running in the background.  It is like a PC where parts of each app stay in memory after you open them.  That way they open faster when you touch the icons again, but at a price.  Having lots of apps open in memory can also suck battery life!  Who knew?

I started closing out apps a few times per day.  I couldn't believe how much longer my battery lasted! For example, I kept the apps cleaned up yesterday.  After running my iPhohe with normal usage, I still had 40% battery left this morning!  That was over 24 hours and I still had lots of battery life left!

Check this out on your smart phone.  It is my understanding that Android and Windows phones have the same concept.

*****************************
u r a bcog.  u r fawm  Now believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment