Thursday, October 4, 2012

Timing...........is everything

Our Daily Bread
I confess I have a funny habit of making people laugh just when they take a bite of food or a drink of their favorite beverage.  Lots of laughs follow as they try not to spit out their food or spray us with liquid from stemming their laugh.  Good times!

The devotional this morning taught me another lesson about God's timing.  It was a reminder.  God told me in my prayers the other day "Wait. Things are still baking..."  I understood that expression from my mother and aunt's cake baking as a child and my ex's cake baking in my adult life.  Taking the cake out of the oven too soon causes it to fall!  Trying to make something happen before God's timing can cause it to fail! Be patient (and I am saying this to myself).  God does keep his promises.

Lord, thank you for the gentle reminders that you are faithful to your promises.  Please forgive my unbelief!

Technology Thursday
Here are a few stories floating around the technology world:

Samsung releases the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the U.S. - they had been barred from selling it here due to a lawsuit with Apple.  Check it out.  It is pretty cool if you aren't an Apple fan.

Netzero 4G data plan -- I bought one of Netzero's 4G wireless Internet devices last week.  Buy the device for $50 plus shipping and get 200 meg of data downloads per month free for a year.  The other data plans are reasonably priced as well.  You have a choice of a laptop USB device or a hotspot device.

Apple announcement?  There are rumors that Apple will announce an iPad mini next week.  I haven't seen any official invitations yet.  We will see.  I don't want rumors!  I want hardware!

New stat: more than 50% of adults in the US own some kind of smart phone or tablet device.  Wow...

************************************
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment