Friday, October 19, 2012

Keep ready

Our Daily Bread
Did you see the sports story the other night when a little used baseball player came into the game unexpectedly and won it for his team?  That real life story applies to the devotional today!

The devotional talks about always being ready to serve with the talents and gifts that God gave you and that you developed.  I liked the ending prayer a lot:

Heavenly Father, I need to remember that
what I do is up to You, but how I do it is up
to me. Whether I am busy or still, may I be
peaceable, gentle, humble, kind, and loving.

Be ready, my friends!  God help us be peaceable, gentle, humble, kind and loving!


Lord, thank you for your amazing love and for letting me be on your "team".  Please help me always be ready to play my part!

Foodie Friday
Big Batch
I am making chili for my church's Sunday at a local food pantry.  If you have read my blog for a while, you may remember that I posted my famous chili recipe a few times (reposts by request).  The one time I made a big batch of my chili, I made it waaaaayyyyy too hot!  I think some friends of mine were scarred for life at the New Years Eve party when we ate it!  I didn't want to make that mistake again for the food pantry.  I asked my contact what she usually does.  She gave me this recipe:

For each pound of hamburger, use:
1 can of beans
1 can of condensed tomato soup (plus one can of water)
1 tablespoon of chili powder.

If you use more than a few pounds of meat, then put in one can of chopped tomatoes as well.  We are supposed to make six pounds of ground beef, so here is what I want to do:
six pounds of lean ground beef
3 cans of light red kidney beans
3 cans of black beans
5 large jars of medium salsa
6 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
touch of salt and pepper

This recipe should be chunky and a little spicy (just the way I like my men!).  ha!


*********************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment