Monday, October 8, 2012

Brimstone

Our Daily Bread
Many years ago, my grandmother fell and broke her hip.  After getting it repaired, she had to get physical therapy to help her walk again.  I visited her during one of the sessions.  I sat on one side of the room and gently encouraged her "Come on, Teen, walk to Duaney".  ha!  It was the same kind of encouragement she gave me when I learned to walk!

The devotional hit me hard this morning.  I have a tendency to be more the "hellfire and brimstone" prophet kind of person way too often.  I am a kind encourager to most folks, but there are some folks that I am very hard on.  I think it is those folks that don't seem to respond to the kind encourager role. I guess I get impatient with them for not learning and growing fast enough so I try to make them learn or grow.  Not a good thing!

How about you?  Are you encourager?  Are you a hellfire and brimstone kind of person?  How is God calling you to be after reading this devotional?

Lord, thank you for opening eyes and changing minds.  Please help us be the encouragers to help friends and family overcome hurdles.

Movie Monday
I went to see Looper last week.  I fit the movie in between work and class last Tuesday night.  I am not sure it was worth it!

A looper is a paid executioner that kills folks sent back from the future.  When the crime bosses from the future want someone "erased", they send them back in time to have a looper execute them as soon as they arrive.  Loopers are usually young and very well paid.  They have one cardinal rule: don't be late.  The crux of this movie is when a looper has to kill his future self, which is called "closing the loop".  There are lots of ripples in time warnings in this movie, but not all of them make sense.  You will figure it out quickly if you rent this movie.  Don't waste your money on seeing it at the theater.  I give it one bear paw.

*****************************
U r a bcog.  U r fawm.  Now believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment