Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Awesome!

Our Daily Bread
Catch phrases come and go in our culture.  I am old, so I remember catch phrases like "cool!" or "Dyn-o-mite!" or "What you talkin' bout, Willis?"  Today, I hear the catch phrase "At the end of the day" and "skin in the game" a lot in business and on TV.  These phrases get old after a while!

One catch phrase that never gets old is when we describe our God as "awesome"!  I love the Rich Mullins song "Awesome God"  I have been reading through the book of Genesis again.  I see this theme over and over as I read the different accounts of creation and the mix of stories about God's early creation and human history.  I guess God will have me read this over and over until I finally "get it"!  ha!

In your meditation and prayers today, think about how awesome our God is.

Lord, you are our awesome God!  There is no one like you!

Wellness Wednesday
Focus
I have been working on my weight loss and body rebuild for about a year now.  I have been doing very well overall, but have been stuck at a plateau for quite a while.  I have been in denial about why I am at the plateau.  Let's talk about focus today.

I called this entry focus because it is human nature to lose focus when things are going well.  You lose a few pounds or achieve a specific goal or have smooth sailing in life for a while and often forget why.  For me, I work hard at eating better and exercising, trying to make them part of my healthy lifestyle, only to lose focus and "reward" myself with treats and poor eating for a few days after hitting a new weight loss low.  I usually gain a few pounds and then have to lose it all over again.  Two steps forward.  One step back.  Heavy sigh...

I committed to keep focus this time.  I hit a new weight loss low this morning -- 251.4.  I vowed that I would not go overboard with the treats and rewards, but keep focused on my goals.  Keep focused to break through this plateau.

How about you?  How is your focus?  Are you focused on your wellness goals or just sort of playing at them?  Finding balance and focus are an important part of wellness.  I pray you find yours!

*************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment