Saturday, October 20, 2012

Never been good at waiting

Our Daily Bread
I have never been very good at waiting. My joke is "I am tapping my foot patiently", which everyone knows is impossible!  I know I don't always understand God's timing.  I have a tendency to try to make things happen on my own, often with disastrous results!  Yikes!

The devotional talks about God's timing.  About waiting for God's timing even when it seems God is not with you.  Stubborn faith (see next section) knows without a shadow of a doubt that God is near and that he has our best interests at heart.  If God is saying wait, then he has a darn good reason!

Here is my recent favorite song called While I'm waiting by John Waller:
I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it is painful, but patiently I will wait

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it's not easy no, but faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/john_waller/while_im_waiting.html ]
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I will move ahead bold and confident
I'll be taking every step in obedience, yeah

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint

And I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You Lord

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/john_waller/#share

Lord, thank you for knowing what is best for us.  Please help us be patient and wait on your timing!

Simply Saturday
Stubbornness
Yes, I am a stubborn old bear.  I have always been stubborn.  I think I get it from my grandparents.  They were both that way!  I have learned over the years to apply the stubbornness in more appropriate ways.

My beliefs
There are some things that I firmly believe are true and I will not be moved.

Fairness
I am very stubborn about issues regarding fairness for all people.

My faith
I am very, very stubborn when it comes to my faith in God.

Stubbornness, like money, is not bad in itself.  It is how the stubbornness is applied in your life.  Apply it towards the things of God today.

******************************

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment