Monday, July 6, 2015

Afraid of the dark

Our Daily Bread
I think I was sort of a smart kid. I don't remember being afraid of monsters in the dark, either under the bed or in the closet.  LOL I remember stories about how my parents had to take me on a car ride to get me to sleep. Sometimes I went to sleep before we got out of the driveway!  I digress.  :-)

Yes, fear of the dark starts early in our species. Being unsure of what is there. Being unsure of what is not there.

I noticed during my life that some folks seem to use Jesus as a "night light" to get through dark times, then forget about him when the sun comes up.  I know I have at times.

I hope we all learn and remember that Jesus is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD that pieces the darkness of sin and evil. We can walk towards and in the light of his love and mercy!  Praise God!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies over the weekend. I saw Inside Out again and Terminator: Genesys.

Terminator:Genesys wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was odd. There was a lot of "the future has changed" kind of moments throughout that the writers used to excuse any crazy plot twist they wanted to make.  It was entertaining for the most part.

I give this movie two bear paws. Seeing it on the big screen has it advantages, but only pay for a matinee at the dollar theaters!  LOL


**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment