Monday, July 13, 2015

Spiritual mentors

Our Daily Bread
I have been very fortunate to have many spiritual mentors in my life. I won't name them all. My prayer is that I can influence someone the way they influenced me. That would be a blessing.

Paul talked about this to the folks at Philipi. He told them to do the things he taught them to do. It is very simple. We are the ones who make it complicated!

We do the same thing with the words of our Saviour: love God and love others. It is that simple in theory, but oooohhhhh so difficult in practice!  May the Lord be with us!

Movie Monday
I saw the Minions movie.  If you like the minions at all, you will love the movie. It tells the history of the minions and some of their early adventures. There is a surprise at the end that I really enjoyed (no spoiler here!)

I give this two bear paws. It was very enjoyable, but it wasn't exactly the Lord of the Rings!  LOL

The Zero Theorem
I watched this movie on Amazon Prime last night. There were some really cool parts to this movie, but it tried to hard to be a Stanley Kubrick movie. It had some fine actors as well, but they did as much as they could with the script they were given.

I give it one bear paw. It is free on Amazon Prime if you are a member.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment