Friday, July 3, 2015

Heroes

Our Daily Bread
The word "hero", like the word "superstar", gets thrown around pretty easily these days in my opinion. It seems like everyone is looking for some glimmer of hope in our society.  Many folks agree on those designations for certain -- may do not. I think I will scream if I see another Madea meme making a crack at Caitlyn Jenner! A meme of a man in drag making a comment about a man who is changing his sexual identity.  Oh well.

The devotional talks about spiritual heroes in the Bible. Paul was the example given. Some people think he is because of life and writings. Others do not because of some of things people think his writings talk about.

Either way, we know our lives can change when we experience God like Paul did. We have a fabulous journey during this life. We have an eternity with God. Praise God!

Foodie Friday
Pizza
I spoke to a friend week before last about the lack of good pizza places in Columbus. I have lived here 11.5 years and have only found three places I like.  A friend posted this article on Facebook about the 25 best pies in Columbus. I have a new goal in life! Try them all!  LOL  Well, not all, several of them are those "fancy" pizza places that have ingredients that I would prefer to use in a fancy recipe.  I am more of a pepperoni and Italian sausage kind of guy (lots of cheese, please!).  Here is the list. BTW, my three favorite places made the list...

http://www.columbusmonthly.com/content/stories/2013/09/pizza-columbus-ohio-best.html

Cake recipe:
Have you seen the graphic on Facebook about making a cake mix with only a can of pop added? No oil or water or egg?  I tried a chocolate cake mix with a can of Diet Rite cola for a "guilt free" cake (no frosting).  It was OK. I think I will try some other combinations. Check them out here.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment