Friday, July 17, 2015

Tears

Our Daily Bread
There are lots of kinds of tears -- joy, sadness, laughing tears, crying tears, allergy tears, etc. I think I have experienced all of them at one time or another, especially the allergy tears! My sister called crying without a good reason the "I can't help its".  LOL

The tears described in the devotional are the sweet tears of love and concern. The girls had a loving, sad feeling about the young man when he didn't accept Christ. That kind of concern is what Paul talked about in his letter to the Romans. Can we all have this kind of concern for others? May the Lord be with us!

Foodie Friday
I made a last minute creation last Saturday that turned out out to be as popular as anything else I have made over the past couple of years - sort of homemade parmesan ranch dip.  I planned to take some light ranch dressing for dipping the crudite (cut up veggies). That sounded too boring! I did a little research on the 'ol Internet and came up with this.

Duane's sort of homemade parmesan ranch dip
1 cup quality lite ranch dressing (I used Ken's)
1/2 cup quality parmesan cheese (the kind that you get in the deli area at Kroger)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp minced garlic

Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir well with a spoon. It tastes better if you make up a few hours ahead of time and let the flavors mingle together.

Serve with veggies for a delicious tasting dip!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment