Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ordinary peeps...

Our Daily Bread
I like reading the Old Testament. Not so much for the "begats" and seemingly endless laws and regulations, but for the people that God uses. Have you ever noticed that? Our Sunday School lessons make so many of our OT heroes look like giants who were perfect. Most were not. Most were humble folks who God raised up in a mighty way.  Imperfect folks.

Doesn't this sound like us today? Imperfect folks that don't think that one person can make a difference in this world. God calls us. Answer today.

Wellness Wednesday
I found this article called Why working out isn't the key to weigh loss.

I like the overall premise of the article -- people need to eat right to lose weight. I have a problem with the implication that you don't need to exercise. I think that is a bad idea. I know how much better I feel and how much better my clothes fit when I do exercise regularly.

On that note, check out the series of Sworkit apps for iPhone and Android. They have apps for specific areas of your body or overall workouts that can take five minutes. It is better than nothing!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment