Monday, July 20, 2015

Press on - Part Deux

Our Daily Bread
I am fortunate to have lived and prospered through many health issues in my life. I still have lingering effects from those issues. I have to take several meds per day. It doesn't help that I have been overweight most of my life. I have a hard time losing  weight and keeping it off. I really have no excuses. I need to eat less!

That is the way life is for most of us. We have things that we just can't  seem to get over. We try, sometimes even toil. I like that word. From the devotional today, I don't know much about being a soldier. The most "military" type of organization I have ever been a part of is the Royal Ambassadors at church! Not exactly soldier-like!

What I do understanding is pressing on. Toiling. Yes, like the word means, it is exhausting at times. We know we have the source of all power and light living with us and in us!  May the Lord be with us!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the theaters this week. I watched a couple of movies on Netflix and a new Blu-ray disk I got on special from Amazon.com on July 15.

Kingsmen: The Secret Service:
I got this Blu-ray for $9.99 last week. I like this movie even though there are a couple of parts that are disturbing. I enjoyed watching it again last night.

Java Heat
Netflix: This was an odd movie, but I sort of liked it. Mickey Rourke is the bad guy. The good guy is one of the young men who played a vampire in the Twilight stories. It was hard to see him in this role. It was a decent movie to watch on a hot Saturday afternoon in the cool basement.

Anchorman 2
Netflix: Yes, I watched this stupid movie. I really wanted to give it a chance since several friends really enjoyed it. I made it all the way through, but it was painful! Will Farrell's character comes back for another installment as an anchorman on a CNN type news station at its start.  You will love this movie if you are a Will Farrell fan. I am not.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment