Friday, July 10, 2015

Heavy

Our Daily Bread
I am reminded about songs again today. I am guess I am always thinking about songs! Today is songs with the word "heavy" in them. He ain't heavy he's my bother, Heavy Heavy, and Down by the riverside are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.  

Down by the Riverside is a spiritual that has wonderful words if you really listen to them:
Down by the Riverside*
Song by Sister Rosetta Tharpe

i feel so bad in the morning
i feel so bad in the middle of the day
I feel so bad in the evening
that's why i'm going to the river, to wash my sins away
I'm gonna lay down my heavy load, down by the riverside,
Down by the riverside, down by the riverside

I'm gonna lay down my heavy load, down by the riverside,
I'm gonna study war no more
I ain't a gonna study war no more,
I ain't a gonna study war no more
I ain't a gonna study war no more,
I ain't a gonna study war no more
I ain't a gonna study war no more, I
ain't a gonna study war no more

Well, I'm gonna put on my long white robe,
(Where?) down by the riverside (Oh)
Down by the riverside, down by the riverside
I'm gonna put on my long white robe,
(Where?) down by the riverside
I'm gonna study war no more

Anti war. Anti doing things on our own. Lay down weapons. Study war no more. Lay down my heavy load.  Let's think about these things today. May the Lord be with us!

Foodie Friday
Summer appetizers
I was asked to bring an appetizer for a summer cookout theme dinner group tomorrow night. I remembered making something appropriate for a cookout several years ago -- deviled eggs filled wiht hummus!  I hard boil the eggs as you normally would and then remove the yokes. Instead of filling the empty half with the egg yolk mixture traditionally used, I fill them with my garlicky hummus. I top with a little paprika. Yum! 

I will also take a veggie tray for good measure.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment