Friday, July 31, 2015

Not looking

Our Daily Bread
I like James Bond movies. One reason is the cool theme song for each move. A favorite is The Spy who Loved Me.  "I wasn't lookin', but somehow you found me..." Sounds like our journey with Christ, doesn't it?

There are so many speculations about why Jesus came to this earth over 2000 years ago. Just ask folks of different religions. All I know is that this single man has had more influence over our culture than any other that I know of! Even Justin Bieber!  ROFL

I like the suggestion in the devotional today that God sent Jesus to seek US. It was obvious that folks were not necessarily seeking God any longer. Lots of corruption in the temple. Lots of self-righteousness. Lots of folks doing whatever the heck they want. Hey, that sounds like us today!

God is seeking us. He wants to have a relationship with us. Let us respond with wonder, awe, love, and obedience. I guarantee you will live no ordinary life.  May the Lord be with us!

Foodie Friday
Review: 101 Beer Kitchen
I went to 101 Beer Kitchen on Sawmill Road last night to hang out with some work friends. The place was hopping for happy hour! The bar was packed so we got a table so we could talk and eat. The appetizers (tots, dip duo and pretzels) were a little overpriced for the amount of food you got, but they were presented nicely and tasted great.  I had the Mac and cheese with Andouille sausage for my meal. It was a large portion that I could not finish. There were a LOT of options on the beers and other drinks. Very impressive. I recommend the place, but don't be overwhelmed when your bill arrives!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment