Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Great things

Our Daily Bread
I learned a lot about church history in my third year of EFM. So much that my head hurt at times! I also forgot a lot because there are so many details over the past two thousand years.  One person I didn't forget when I read the devotion today was William Carey. I love his famous saying:

Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God. William Carey

Some people think that expecting great things from God means great wealth and prestige in this world. That is not what the saying means. It links to the Lord's Prayer where Jesus teaches us to pray to bring God's will and kingdom to this world. God will if folks make themselves available. You don't have to be great or amazing in the world's eyes. God uses anyone who is willing, so attempt great things for God!

Teaching Tuesday
Summer reading? I don't need no stinkin' summer reading!  I spent way too much time on my PC upgrade and didn't get any personal reading done last week.

I am doing a lot of reading for my new job, but I don't think you want to hear about servers and software!  I will try to get more reading done this week.

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment