Wednesday, July 13, 2011

80 is the new 60...

Our Daily Bread
I have thought about getting older a lot the past few years since experiencing some health issues and feeling much older than my 51 years.  Yikes!  I joked after my 50th birthday that I wanted the second HALF of my life to be better than the first half!  You can read more about my 50s below.

God can use us at any age if we just let him.  He always has a plan for us.  Useful things for us to do.  Thinking outside of ourselves is the key.  ;-)

Lord, I want to serve you all of my days.

Witness Wednesday
I mentioned last week about the last part of my 40s.  I had lots of challenges, but also had a major change in my life -- I started attending church again.  I continued to carry through with that commitment to spiritual growth in my 50s.  I started with taking the Walk to Emmaus, an intense church retreat weekend.  I continued by being involved in small groups at church.  God told me this year that I cannot remain a spectator.  I need to contribute so I offered to create and lead some small groups.  I am also going to be an assistant table leader on an Emmaus Walk this Fall.  I am very excited about these things.

I have also been traveling a LOT.  I have been to Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco, St Louis, Orlando, New York City, Chicago, Louisville and Nashville the past two years.  My arms are tired from so much flying!  hehehe

Life is good.  Would it be better if I had someone to share it with?  In some ways, yes.  In some ways, maybe not.  I know that I want the next relationship to be my last.  I want this one have God in the center of it.  I never really understood that concept with my ex.

Other Stuff
I had a quiet evening at home last night.  I did a little cleaning.  Rested a little.  I have been exercising a lot since last Wednesday when I found out that my eyes are healed (for now).  The doctor removed my activity restrictions.  Woohooo!  I am still getting used to that.  There have only been a few months out of the last three years that I haven't been under activity restrictions!  Yikes!

I think I am going to see the movie Airplane! tonight at the Ohio.  CAPA has a summer movie series complete with one heck of a theater organ to listen to.  Very cool.  I love that movie.  I am sure I will enjoy the evening.

Please say a little prayer for me.  Some medicine the dermatologist gave me sort of burned my skin.  I thought I used it according to the instructions, but apparently I am very sensitive to it.  I have red splotches all around my psoriasis spots, some quite large.  Heavy sigh.  And right in the middle of bathing suit season!  Yikes!  I am self-conscious about my psoriasis any way.  This does not help.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment