Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weak and weary?

Our Daily Bread
"Do not be weary in doing good..."  Wow, I thought about how many times I had  been weary by not being good!  I am so ashamed!

So how do we "do not be weary" when doing good?  What is weary?  We usually think of tired or fatigued when we talk about being weary.  I like this alternate definition:
"Having one's interest, forbearance, or indulgence worn out"

Wow!  As a Christian, having one's interest or forbearance worn out sounds very, very serious!  We should never do that!  hehehe  Seriously, the expression that I heard when I was younger is "you cannot dip from an empty well."  If we think of our interest and forbearance as a water well from the Old Testament, folks would stop dipping into a well that they knew was dry.  We can "dry up" when we push ourselves too far.  Take care of yourself!

Lord, I want to keep my interest and forbearance when serving you!

Witness Wednesday
The later part of my 40's were odd to me since I was single again at that age.  I was in a new age bracket on every survey I knew of!  After a few months, I started dating.  Yikes.  I did the online thing for a few years.  I met some nice guys.  I met some real  losers.  I went out with a great guy who was a seasoned professional.  I went out with a 32 year old hairdresser with a Mohawk hair cut.  Go figure.  I got very tired of dating so I started something even more odd -- a back and forth relationship with two very different men.  I have written about Ying and Yang many times in my blog.  I won't write any more.

The last few years of my 40s left me tired and weary...  yes, weary of pursuing another relationship.  I will talk about how things changed in my 50s.  Yes, they did change, praise God!

Other Stuff
Prayer group tonight - Yeah!

Eye doctor appointment today - eeeekkkk!

Life is good.  Appreciate it!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment