Monday, July 18, 2011

Tit for tat....

Our Daily Bread
I hate to admit it, but I am sometimes a "tit for tat" kind of person.  You hurt me.  I hurt you right back.  It is only human nature.  I am only human.

The devotional today talks about how we should act when we are mocked or criticized because of our faith.  It should not be a tit for tat response!  No way!  Look to our heavenly Father before responding, if you respond at all.  Say a little prayer.  Count to ten (I sometimes have to count to a thousand!).  Remember the other person is also a creation of God, even though it sure seems like s/he is from the devil!  hehehe

Lord, I want to look to you in all situations so I can best show your love.  It is so difficult!

Movie Monday
I got to see three movies this week.  It was a good week.  hehehe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
I felt like the final installment followed the book pretty well.  I think the big complaint was that the last, very long, book was a downer!  The story of Harry Potter came to a close.  It was the end of an era for many people in their teens and early 20s who grew up with the books and movies.

I thought the special effects were great and not over done.  I saw it in 2D, so I don't know about the 3D effects in the other versions.  The ending battle was almost too much for me.  I didn't like seeing Hogwarts in ruins.  Oh well.  My favorite part was when Mrs Weasley kills Beatrice.  You go, girl!

I give this one three bear paws.  See it at the theater on the big screen.

Horrible Bosses
This could be a nice video rental for a guys poker night.  In short, it is the story of three guys who have been friends since high school.  They all commiserate how miserable their lives are because of their bosses.  One jokes "We should kill them".  That lead to all kinds of hilarity.  Some of the stuff was very funny.  Some not so much.  I enjoyed that I got to see one of the cute guys in the movie with his pants down.  Very nice...  hehehe

I give this movie 2 bear paws.  You can rent this one.  There isn't any need to see it on the big screen.


Winnie the Pooh
I wanted to see this movie since I am a big WtP fan.  It was ADORABLE!!  I really enjoyed letting myself be a kid again for seventy minutes.  The songs are cute.  The story line is funny and cute.  And the most important part -- Pooh gets honey at the end! Woohooo!

I give this movie 3 bear paws for cuteness and a wonderful time.  You can rent this one.  No need to see it on the big screen.

Other Stuff
I took it easy yesterday afternoon.  I slept a lot trying to rest my body so the infection in my belly would heal. I used the hot compresses a few times.  I took my meds.  I also got laundry done

I visited the Methodist church a few blocks from my house yesterday morning.  It was very nice.  I know God wanted me to be there because of the sermon.  Like the Sunday devotional talked about, no church is perfect.  If it was, then it would no longer be perfect after I stepped in the doors!  ;-p  I think I might visit the Methodist church in Worthington next Sunday (if I go to church).  I am working the buses late for the bear run.  I may not get my tired butt out of bed in time!

I need to study my Emmaus Walk stuff.  I need to start preparing myself for the training and the walk.  I know God wants me to do this beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Other stuff I am still unsure of.

Life is an adventure.  I have pushed myself in so many ways, but there are some areas in my life that I need to address.  I sometimes think that I focus on some unimportant things so I don't have time to think about the very, very important things.  I will think more about this with the understanding that I will take it easy on myself.  Self-awareness can be a damaging thing if it impedes a healthy self-esteem.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment