Friday, July 8, 2011

I would love to make this vow...

Our Daily Bread
I really liked the devotional today.  Marriage has been on m mind a lot lately with the passing of the same sex marriage law in New York.  Woohooooo!  I have two things to write about this topic.

First, it is difficult to know when same sex marriage will be legal in the state of Ohio.  I don't entirely disagree with the decision being made by each state instead of the federal government.  I don't want anyone to scream about "special rights" since marriage law is usually controlled by the states now.  The problem with not having a federal law is that the state-sanctioned marriages may not hold up to the same rules as the federal laws for taxes, Social Security, etc.  How is that going to work?  Regardless of these details, I look forward to the day I can legally say "I do" and have the marriage recognized in the US. 

Second, the other part of the equation (and maybe the more difficult part!) is finding the right man.  hehehe  God promised me the man meant for me in my dreams, visions and prayers.  I am doing my best to put myself in the right places to meet him.  I am praying and working towards being the "whole man" that can love and be loved.  The next love I have will be for the rest of my life.  I know all of this sounds corny.  Having that kind of love is a desire of my heart.  I thank God and praise God for his promises to grant the desires of my heart!

Lord, you work in every part of our lives if we just let you.  I want to trust you.  I want to flee to you.  I stretch out my hand to you to ask for wholeness.

Foodie Friday
No recipe this week.  I am writing about the pizza challenge I took when I was in Chicago last weekend.  My favorite Chicago pizza is Giordanos.  It is a think crust, stuffed pizza (also known as Chicago-style pizza).  I love the buttery crust.   I love the cheese stuffed in the layers.  I love the generous toppings.  I love the sauce on top the pie.  My mouth is watering thinking about it! 

A new acquaintance I met on a bus traveling to Wrigley Field told me about Mancinis Pizza.  I didn't think there could be anything better than Giordanos, but I thought I would give it a try.  I found a Mancinis restaurant and ordered a pizza.  I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I opened the box.  It was a "home-style" crust (not stuffed) with LOTS of toppings.  The toppings had a great taste as did the cheese.  I was disappointed with the sauce.  It tasted like the sauce I would get out of a can at the grocery store.  Very disappointing considering how good the rest of the ingredients tasted. 

I have to admit that Mancinis is probably better than any pizza I have had in Columbus so far, but it was still not Giordanos!  I will continue my tradition of ordering a Giordanos pizza whenever I venture to Chicago!

Other Stuff
I had an appointment with my counselor last night.  It went well.  There are some things I just don't "get" at times.  I am working on it with him and in my prayer life (praying to be made whole...). 

I had dinner with my walking buddy and her husband last night.  We always have a good time when we get together.  I need to go back to their house tonight to finish fixing their computer.  The monitor is not working right.  I have no idea why.  I brought some stuff with me from home to work on it.  I will figure it out.

Not much planned for this weekend.  I want to see the movie The Zookeeper.  I plan to attend church on Sunday.  I want to walk or go to the gym or something in there somewhere.  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment