Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our Daily Bread
Is this for real?  I have been trying to figure out "what's next?" in my life.  I have no freakin' clue at this point.  My job is up in the air.  No relationship to speak of.  I feel stale and out of place at church (except for a few very close friends).  Is this time for a change of where I go or time for a change in me?

I plan to attend a different church this morning.  After taking my shower and getting dressed, I read today's devotional.  Is this for real?  It talks about no church is perfect and everyone can have times when their church doesn't feel right.  The devotional talks about being open to God's leading since every church has its advantages and disadvantages.  If I decide to keep looking, I will keep that in mind.

Lord, I want to be open to your leading.  Please help me discern what you want me to do.

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 16 spoke to me more than the ones we have reviewed so far.  Here it is:

Psalm 16

 1 Keep me safe, my God,
   for in you I take refuge.

 2 I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
   apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
   “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
   I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
   or take up their names on my lips.

 5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup;
   you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
   surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
   even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
   With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

 9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
   my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
   nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
   you will fill me with joy in your presence,
   with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

I like the verse 9.  I think we all feel like God has deserted us at times.  He has not.  He has not moved.  We are the ones who moved away from him!

Follow that up with the last part of verse 8 "I will not be shaken".  I don't know about you, but I have times in my life where I feel shaken and stirred!  hehehe  God will be there for us.  We need to lift our voices and our hearts in praise during these times.  Praise God!


Other Stuff
I was sort of busy yesterday.  I started working on laundry.  I saw two movies (the reviews will be in tomorrow's post).  I had a quick lunch at my favorite restaurant, J Alexanders.  I went to Costco, Target and Kroger.  I ended my day at the Urgent Care and CVS.  Sigh...  The site where my testosterone pellets were installed got infected.  This happens sometimes.  The doctor gave me a cream and some antibiotics.  This, too, shall pass.

My legs are looking better as I am recovering from a reaction to the psoriasis medicine the dermatologist gave me.  I might be able to wear shorts again next year....  Just kidding.  The terrible red patches are starting to fade.  My skin is still stained from the medicine.  It is almost like a sunless tanning cream kind of stain.

God keeps speaking to me.  I am doing my best to listen and obey.  There was a ministry opportunity that I planned to drop out of.  I received the message from God last night that I should not do that.  I will hang in there.  There are some other things I need to think and pray about.  My life needs to change.  I want it to change the right way according to what God wants me to do.

Please understand, if you haven't figured it out by now, that I am an intense person at times.  Doing the right thing and making the most out of life are important to me.  I am trying not to try so hard...  hehehe  I will be patient.  I will follow God even though I don't understand and I don't see where the road is leading.  I will trust him even thought I seem lost, lonely and in the shadow of death.  I can say those words from my heart now and not just from my mind.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment