Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fairness and justice

Our Daily Bread
The devotional was great today.  I remember studying these passages in my D2 class last year.  Loving God and serving God is very simple if we look at Deuteronomy 10:12-13.  So many people make things waaaayyy too complicated! 

I needed to hear this message again today.  God reminded me of a situation that I was putting in front of Him as I was driving into work this morning.  I am humbled to say that I recognized the situation and asked God to help me put nothing or noone in front of Him in my life.  If I can ever figure this out and put it into every day practice, I may have a major breakthrough in my life!  ;-p  God is so good and patient with me. 

What things are you putting before God?  Are there things you can do to promote fairness and justice around you?  Think and pray about it.

Lord, you are an awesome God.  Thank you for the privilege of serving you each and every day.  Please help me do a better job!

Witness Wednesday
So what is next for Duanebear (my Internet nickname and email address)?  I am not sure.  I am excited about being "on team" for the Emmaus walk in September.  I think I am going to sing with the Columbus Gay Mens Chorus this year (maybe not for the whole season).  I am thinking about going to the big GALA conference next year in Denver (either with the chorus or as an observer). 

My biggest challenge right now is figuring out what to do about church.  I like attending King Avenue.  I have made many friends there.  I feel like I am not getting the opportunities to serve there like I want.  I may just be a little paranoid or I may have a keen sense of what is obvious.  I attended a church that is three blocks from my house on July 17.  I liked it a lot.  I plan to attend another church this Sunday, probably Worthington UMC.  I will probably stick with being a Methodist, but that is on the table as well.  I sincerely doubt that I will go back to the Southern Baptist church. 

I will write about my journey like I do everything else.  ;-)

Other Stuff
I ordered some eyeglasses last night. I went to the eye doctor that will be performing my next cataract surgery on Monday for an evaluation of corrective vision options.  We decided that Lasik or PRK are really overkill for the 20-70 vision that I have in my right eye.  I will try glasses for a while to see how they work. I bought single vision glasses to mainly use for driving and at the movies.  I can get by most of the time without glasses for distance vision.  My vision in both eyes is good enough to pass the eye exam for my driver's license next month.  That is good.  I will post pictures of the two frames I ordered.  Neither one is particularly stylish as I went for cheap instead.  ;-p  I do not know how long I will be wearing them or if I will like wearing them at all.  I will figure all of that out.

I got the last two loads of laundry washed and dried.  I need to hang up and put away clothes tonight. 

I got the lawn mowed last night.  I didn't feel like edging or trimming.  I will do that next time.  My hanging baskets are hanging in there.  I will post pictures of them as they have grown a lot since I put them up.  I almost lost one of them when I forgot to water it for several days.  Yikes!

Lastly, I am trying not to push myself into a friend's life.  We have had an odd relationship for over 3.5 years now.  He is going through a difficult time.  I am trying to be there for him, but not overwhelm him with my concern and need to help.  I am trying not to be selfish.  I am trying to encourage him to find the strength that i see him and that God sees in him. 

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment