Monday, July 11, 2011

You have to be critical to be a critic...

Our Daily Bread
I see a lot of movies.  My friends ask me about my opinion of many of them.  I am usually pretty easy on them, looking for the good things about the movies.  I write my opinions on Monday like the one below.  Being a critic requires you (and entitles you) to be critical.  How far should that go in your life?

The author of devotional talked about being critical in his role of being an editor.  We have to be careful not to be critical in all phases of our lives especially when it comes to being critical of others.  I have a problem with this when looking at the people I care about the most.  I don't understand why they keep doing the stuff that harms them.  Why they retain unhealthy behaviors.  Why they can't move on.

As the Michael Jackson song says, "I'm looking at the man in the mirror".  I need to start with me.  I need to love others as they are, where they are in their journey.  I need to love myself for God's sake.  I need to love them for God's sake.  Yes, being critical is a difficult habit to break when you are a fixer.  ;-p

Lord, I want to love and be loved for your sake.

Movie Monday
I saw the movie The Zookeeper this weekend.  How cute!  Yes, there are lots of talking animals like the Dr Dolittle movies.  The scenarios are unrealistic and impossible, but the concept of the movie where a caring, loving man (the zookeeper played by Kevin James) is willing to do anything to "get his girl".  The relationship advice from the animals is hilarious.  The personalities behind the animals are priceless.  There are some very, very funny scenes.  There is also some very touching scenes that you shouldn't miss.

I give this one two bear paws, but I think you will like it if you can give it a chance.

Other Stuff
I had a relaxing afternoon just hanging around the house after the movie.  I got my exercise in for the day as I watched a movie on my iPad while cycling for 32 minutes.  That is a new record for me!  My legs are feeling it that is for sure!

I am looking forward to a low key week.  I may start working on painting the basement.  I may work on the landscaping if it is not too hot.  I will definitely go to the gym and/or workout a few times this week.  Weight loss here I come!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment