Sunday, July 10, 2011

I can do this...

Our Daily Bread
How many times in our lives have we said to God: I got this.  I can handle it on my own!  I know I said it too many times.  Like I often say, this devotional is very timely for me.  There is a situation in my life that I need to deal with.  I have been planning to handle it on my own, which would have been disastrous on many levels.

The new plan is to turn it over to God.  To stop trying so hard.  To let go and let God work in this situation.  Yes, I have my plans.  They are crap.  God has much better ones in mind.

Lord, I want to follow your plans and not mine.  Mine suck!  

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 15 is the psalm for today.  I love the actions he listed for those who can be in God's holy place.  Remember that very few folks could access the holy place during that period.  David was talking about the bigger picture, not the actual temple where the holy place was located.


Psalm 15

A psalm of David.
 1 LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
   Who may live on your holy mountain?

 2 The one whose walk is blameless,
   who does what is righteous,
   who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 whose tongue utters no slander,
   who does no wrong to a neighbor,
   and casts no slur on others;
4 who despises a vile person
   but honors those who fear the LORD;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
   and does not change their mind;
5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
   who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

   Whoever does these things
   will never be shaken.


Other Stuff
I had a great time at an annual party last night.  Thanks, guys!  There was a huge crowd.  Lots of different kinds of people.  I met a lot of new folks.  Got reacquainted with lots of old acquaintances.  Very cool.

Not sure what is on the schedule for today.  I want to see the movie Zookeeper.  Not sure what else I will do besides church.  I want to get a walk or some other kind of exercise in.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment