Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A real friend?

Our Daily Bread
What is a friend?  I love the definition suggested in the devotional:
Someone has defined friendship as “knowing the heart of another and sharing one’s heart with another.”

Very cool!  In this day and age, many people consider the folks on Facebook their real "friends".  How sad!  I have a buddy from Texas that had over 2000 "friends" on Facebook.  When I asked about one that was particularly cute, he said "I don't know all of these people!".  DOH!  The saddest part is that many folks are so lonely in real life that they consider themselves better "connected" since joining Facebook!  Yikes!  Oh well.

The point of the devotion is that we all know that Jesus is our friend.  Are we his friends?  Can he share his heart with us and we do things that are for his good?  I was impressed by that approach to the devotional.  What do you think?

Lord, I want to be you friend even though you don't need my friendship.  Help me build trust so you can share your heart...

Special Edition - Chicago
I had a nice drive home today.  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  Wow!  My GPS took me a very odd way home, but it worked.  Whew!  I may just stick with the way I know next time!

I had a great time at Oak Park yesterday.  Here are a few pics of some of the Frank Lloyd Wright homes I saw:


I went to Ikea after I rested for a little while in the hotel.  I found this kitchen that I want:
It was even on sale!  Oh well.  I have spent too much money on the house and stuff this year.  I need to wait until next year for any more work!

Other Stuff
I am excited to be home.  I look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.  The one at the hotel hurt my back!  Oh well.  I have a checkup with the eye doctor tomorrow afternoon.  I will let you know how it goes.

I have a meeting with my prayer group tomorrow night.  I am excited about that.

Not sure what this weekend will bring.  What does it matter where the road goes as long as God is leading?  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment