Friday, July 15, 2011

Obedience vs disobedience...

Our Daily Bread
I questioned how God works a lot the past few years.  Are we supposed to be little robots that march around following God's exact will not having a mind of our own?   Is God so unforgiving that doing any little wrong thing angers him and causes repercussions?  What can't I have what I want?  hehehe

Here is what I figured out (at least how things work in my own little mind).  There are some sins in our lives that are like a child touching a flame -- you get burned and learn immediately not to do that.  There are some things in life that you can do wrong and not see the repercussions until many years later.  My personal example is the way I did not manage my diabetes.  I have complications from that sin today. 

God does not expect us to be little robots.  His desire for us is to do the best we can to make good decisions according to the rules and laws he gave us.  These things are what is best for us -- best for our life, our health, our minds and our hearts.  I know how I am.  I don't always make the best choices.  That is where God's grace comes in.  He forgives us when we repent.  God knows we are only human.  ;-)

Lord, thank you for showing me what is best for me in my life.  I ask for wisdom to always identify those things.

Foodie Friday
Here is a simple recipe for a great entree -- roast pork loin with apple butter.

2 or 3 pound pork loin
1 jar apple butter
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place the pork loin in a roaster.  Add salt and pepper.  Pour the apple butter over the pork loin.  Add a 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the roaster.  Cover and bake for 1 hour (internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees).  You may need to add some more water during the baking process.  Slice and serve with your favorite veggies.


Other Stuff
I didn't get to see the Harry Potter movie last night.  I had too many things going on Friday.  My buddy has a last minute conflict as well.  I plan to see the movie after work today.  I watched the Book 7 - Part 1 movie last night so I remember where things left off!

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist this morning.  I will let you know how that goes.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment