Thursday, July 7, 2011

How do I flee to him?

Our Daily Bread
The devotional talks about something that I don't really understand -- fleeing to Christ.  The scripture talks about how David wanted to flee his troubles and his enemies.  He had good reasons as lots of enemies wanted him dead!  Yikes!  I don't have that issue, but I still have the feeling that I want to flee from my struggles.

Like I mentioned several times in my postings, I have a tendency to whine when I compare my life to the struggles that others face.  I am a whiner.  I finally realized that whining represents my feelings and my feelings are important!  There are very few things in my life that make me want to flee.  They are mainly my health issues and my romantic life.  I am doing my best to flee to Christ, to turn over all the things in my life over to Him.  Resting in him is where real peace originates. 

So please pray for me that I can finally turn some important things over to God.  I can trust God.  I can rest in His promises.  I can flee to him.  So can you...

Lord, thank you for being my place of rest and comfort.  I can rejoice in good times and rest in you during the not-so-good times!  Thank you!

Technology Thursday
There are some interesting things going on via the Internet.

Facebook
Facebook introduced their video chat service this week, including group chat.  Experts are wondering the impact on the Internet as well as the impact of businesses using the platform for doing business.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.  Over two million users tried the service the first few hours it was available.

Google+
Google introduced the Google+ service into beta (by invitation only) this week.  It also includes video chat and group video chat.  Are we seeing a pattern here?  Microsoft buys Skype to get their videochat technology.  Facebook introduces it.  Google introduces the functionality.  It will be very interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Apple
I am an Apple gadget geek.  I like reading the rumor sites about the new products coming out.  There are rumors about iPad3 this Fall.  There are lots of rumors about the next iPhone(s).  The latest iPhone rumors include a slightly upgraded iPhone4 AND a new iPhone5 will be introduced in September.  That would be COOL!  hehehe.  I use an iPhone 3GS.  I soooo want the upgrade to iPhone5!  hehehe  I will see what happens.

Other Stuff
I had a FANTASTIC appointment at the eye doctor yesterday.  Both eyes are in decent shape now.  The left eye has healed from the February surgery.  The right eye has no swelling like it did in March.  Whew!  The doctor lifted my activity restrictions.  Woohoooo!  I slept like a normal person last night!  It was great!  I plan to start back to the gym on Friday (slowly at first!).  I am very excited!

My prayer group had a great session last night.  It was nice getting together (even if a few folks has to miss the meeting).  We had a beautiful evening at Sharon Woods Park.  Nature played its part in the evening with some woodsy animals hopping around close by!  We had a great talk and shared prayer requests.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment