Friday, July 22, 2011

What has he done for you?

Our Daily Bread
I liked the devotional for this reason: personal testimony will almost always trump Bible thumping!  What do I mean by that?  Many times folks witness by telling a person what Jesus can do for them.  They try to pound the Bible down their throat to "win them to the Lord".  That may work or may be necessary sometimes.  The point of the devotional was that the writer's personal testimony of what Jesus did for him really impressed his seatmate on the train ride.  How cool is that?

I thought about how I would tell someone about what Jesus has done for me.  There are too many things to list them all out on paper!  Learning to describe these things to another person takes practice and commitment.  It is so easy to get fragmented and lack cohesive thoughts when talking about your personal faith.  Try practicing that today!

Lord, you know I don't have ANY problems talking to others.  I want to talk to others more about you and what you have done in my life.

Foodie Friday
No recipe this week.  I plan to make my meatless meatloaf if I get to attend my dinner group on Sunday night.  Not sure what my schedule will be on Sunday.  I want to talk about ice cream today (since it is summer!).  Here are some of the ice cream brands I like.

Ben and Jerry's
Ben and Jerry's offers some of the best "mix" type ice cream flavors.  All of their ice creams, IMHO, have a great mixture of ingredients to maximize flavor.  I don't usually eat the plain flavors.  I choose other brands for that pleasure.

Graeters
Again, another great ice cream if you like something with wonderful chocolate chunks in it!  The mint chocolate chip is the best I have ever had.  MmmmMmmmmmm 

Haagen Daas
This is a "eat the plain flavors" ice cream for me.  I love the chocolate!  It is wonderful! 

Baskin-Robbins
This is swill compared to some of the others I mentioned, but is good if you can't find anything better.  hehehe

Jeni's
I have to say that Jeni's is splendid ice cream indeed.  It is horribly expensive to me, but it is wonderful!  I love the dark chocolate and dark chocolate peppermint (special flavor for Christmas)!  I discovered a combination that was outrageous -- dark chocolate and bourbon butter pecan!  OMG!  This is definitely the best I have every had. 

Other Stuff
I had a great session with my counselor last night.  He has been so supportive of my personal growth during the past 3.5 years.  We reviewed that again last night.  I am very thankful I found him. 

I had a long talk with my sister and my best friend.  That was fun. 

I packed my stuff for my downtown stay for the weekend.  I tried to book a room at the host hotel for Bear Camp, but I felt the rooms were way too expensive.  I don't really care for Priceline, but I thought I would try it out again.  I made an offer for one of the four-star hotels in downtown Columbus, all of which are close to the host hotel.  They accepted my bid of $50 per night!  Woohooo!  I will check in there this afternoon.  I will sleeping mostly during the day when I am not volunteering at night.  Should be a fun weekend weekend regardless.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment