Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don't have much to write about this one...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional today talks about women dressing appropriately.  I guess that can go for guys as well.  Here is my story...

I have wanted a tattoo for many years.  I wasn't happy with the idea of having a barbed wire or other band around my arm.  That was too common and really didn't mean much to me.  I realized today that a tattoo like that would draw attention to me.  I recently figured out how I can fulfill my dream of getting a tattoo and still have it mean something.  I found a tattoo design that represents the Holy Spirit for one arm.  I want a lamp that represents the Word of God for my other arm.  Very cool designs in my head.  I hope I can communicate them to the tattoo artist.  I will post pictures when I actually have them done.  I want the tattoos to draw attention to my relationship to God, not just me.  ;-)

Lord, I want everything in my life to point to you.  

Teaching Tuesday
I learned a lot the past few months about discerning God's will.  About admitting when I was complete wrong about the path I was on.  About how to correct that mistake by humbly dealing with the situation in  hopes of preventing any collateral damage.  I am happy to say that the pain of going through that has been worth it.  I reconciled a situation that has tortured me that past few years.  God answered my prayer.  It was not in the way that I thought I wanted, but he answered it just the same.  I am truly excited about the road ahead even though I don't know where it is going.  I feel free to get out of this traffic jam in my life and go the speed limit!

God is so good. Is there some speed bump that is keeping you from moving forward in your life?  Think about it.  Pray about it.  Flee to God.  He will lead you through it.  He did it for me.

Other Stuff
I had dinner and ice cream with my hero last night.  We had such a good time.  It is wonderful to have close friends to talk to and laugh with.  God is so good.

Work is weird right now.  Not sure what is going on.  I will post more as I learn more.

I am looking forward to seeing Part 2 of the last Harry Potter movie.  Sigh.  I love those books and movies!  I am seeing both Part 1 and Part 2 on Thursday night with a buddy of mine.  Should be a fun evening.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment