Thursday, July 21, 2011

No pain, no gain...

Our Daily Bread
I used to hate that saying when I was training for sports in my younger years "no pain, no gain".  Doctors finally figured out that too much pain or the wrong kind of pain could be very harmful!  DOH!  hehehe

I have been through a lot of health issues in my life.  I could have ended up a bitter old man who resented God for all the challenges.  That is not what happened.  I may be a little bitter, but it is more from some other situations in my life.  Hmmmmm, I guess I need to look at that bitterness as well and turn it in to praise.  I just realized that while writing this entry.  Hmmmm.  God wants us to flee to him in all situations.

Lord, I want to praise you in all situations, even in ones where the words of praise seem to elude me.

Technology Thursday
So the only interesting thing going on in the technology field any more is Apple product releases.  I mean they are so far ahead of the other companies in so many ways that you see phrases like "iPhone-killer" or "iPad-killer" or "MacBook Air-Killer".  It is so boring watching other companies make announcements about products and then disappoint everyone if they finally release it, for example, the BlackBerry Playbook.  Ewww!

Well, Apple release some new products this week.  The new MacBook Air is just as light as ever, but has faster processors available, the return of the backlit keyboard, and the introduction of the new connectivity port that is much faster than USB2.x or 3.x.  Very cool stuff.

Apple also introduced the new Mac Mini.  This is also a very cool technology with so much computing power in such a small little box.  Very cool as well. 

Apple is making use of SSD (solid state drives) hard disks in their computers to make them even faster.  These drives are coming down in price every day.  I found a deal on the Costco coupon book for a 128gig SSD for under $180.  Very good deal.  I am not sure I want to upgrade my laptop any more.  It is over three years old, but still very fast.  The SSD could extend the life for another few years considering I don't use it much.  I will see how that goes.

Other stuff
I started feeling better last night.  Unfortunately it was about 1:00 in the morning!  Yikes!  I finally went back to sleep until the alarm went off.  I had a great talk with my youngest sister about her new grandson.  My baby sister is a grandmother!  Yikes!

I also fixed a nice supper, though I ate too much too fast.  Need to work on that.  I have lost 9 pounds in the past few weeks through better eating and a little exercise.  I haven't felt well enough to go to the gym, but have been walking and riding my bike and doing some light weights around the house.  I will kick that up next week.

Life is soooo good my friends.  Yes, there are times when making decisions is difficult.  What is next for me? is my prayer to God right now.  I will figure it out. 

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment