Thursday, April 5, 2012

The banquet hall

Our Daily Bread
My house isn't that big, but some of my friends refer to my dining room as the "banquet hall".  hehehe  I have a large Mission style table that can seat eight comfortably.  I can also add another table at the end that can sit another six folks.  It is a lot of fun for me to fill both those tables!

Jesus broke bread with his disciples many times in his ministry. The most meaningful was when he instituted the Lord's Supper the week he was crucified.  He took bread, blessed it, and broke it as a symbol of his body.  He took wine, blessed it, and had each person drink as a symbol of his blood he was going to shed for us.  Wow!

God wants to fill his tables with his loving children.  He calls to us each day.  Just as Jesus shared with his disciples, God wants to share with us for eternity!

Lord, help us remember the sacrifice of your Son as we celebrate this Easter season.

Technology Thursday
I am visiting my best friend in St Louis this weekend.  I am looking forward to getting away for the weekend.  One of the things I plan to do is activate the LTE service on my new iPad.  St Louis is one of the cities where ATT rolled out their new LTE service.  ;-p  I am interested to see how well it works and how fast it really is.  I can do this on a month to month basis, so I will cancel it at the end of the month until ATT LTE arrives in Columbus.  ATT rolled out LTE in Cleveland and Akron recently.  I don't think I have ever been jealous of Akron before!  I hope to have it in Columbus soon.

Here is ATT's 4G/LTE map

Here is a description of what LTE is.

Other Stuff
I was tired after work yesterday!  I guess I have been doing too much.  I ate too much yesterday as well.  I need to take it easy today.  One of the guys brought amazing "snacks" last night to D1 class.  It was an entire meal!  I planned ahead for it, but still ate too much.  I also had Chick-Fil-a for lunch, which is more than I usually eat for lunch.  I will do better today.  I am bloated this morning, weighing in four pounds heavier than Tuesday!  Yikes!

I had some nice talks with mi tigre yesterday.  We will talk more today.

I plan to order my projector system this weekend.  I finally found the one I want.  I will pay off the credit card when I get my extra check in June.  Home theater/man cave, here I come!  ;-p  I am still working on the sound and screen approach.  I think I have it figured out.

I finished packing for my trip when I got home.  It was nice to get a "good night, sleep tight" call from mi tigre.  I had nice dreams of him.

I work a half day, then drive to St Louis.  I want to get the heck out of town!  ;-)  I will miss Easter at my church, but that is OK.  I am there a lot the rest of the year!  I picked up my music last night so I could work on my solo this week.

I am excited about my tennis league starting in a few weeks.  ;-)  I also scheduled the exercise classes for my second Groupon deal with Body by Todd.  I will decide what to do with my external exercise after that.  I wouldn't mind getting into the cross fit stuff more.  I think I am ready to ease into that now.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment