Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Open doors...

Our Daily Bread
One of the things I love about the church I attend is the theme song "Open Doors".  I was surprised to see that phrase as the title for today's devotional!  For our church, open doors means our doors are open to all.  All are welcome.  The devotional discussed something different.

Paul's ministry was amazing in that he had a zeal for sharing the Gospel that I don't think has been matched in history (not that it is a competition).  The devotional gave several examples of how he used every situation to share the message.  It was amazing!  Read through the scripture passage for today -- I Corinthians 16:1-12.  Very cool!  What can you do differently in your life?  I know I am looking at my life!

Lord, help us see the opportunities to share your Word with others and have courage to do so!

Witness Wednesday
This has been another "Duane has sooooo much to work on " weeks for me.  I have not been feeling like myself lately.  I figured out why, well, I finally admitted to myself why and did something about it.  I was trying to make a friendship into a romantic relationship.  Not good!  We decided to be close friends.  I am very happy with that!  I also found the devotional from last week that was based on I Corinthians 13.  I am sharing that with my D1 class tonight.  I also printed off the verses that I shared yesterday for each person in the class customized with their name!  ;-)  God is so good to me.  How can I keep from singing?

Other Stuff
I ran home after work.  Opened a few more Amazon.com boxes.  Took a short nap, and then got ready for my boot camp class.  I did pretty well in the class, but still have a long way to go on the ab work and the upper body work. Whew...  I stopped by the grocery after class.  I came home to rest, unload the dishwasher, finish laundry, pay some bills, get stuff ready for today, and then fell into bed.  I didn't work on my home theater stuff at all!  I was afraid I would start working on it and stay up half the night!  I slept well.  Whew!

I made it up to work out this morning. I also unpacked the boxes and started evaluating what I need to do for the home theater setup.  ;-)  I will work on that some more this weekend.  That is my top priority!  hehehe

I also found out I can get discount tickets to see West Side Story next week.  I am taking advantage of that!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment