Saturday, April 14, 2012

A foot?

Our Daily Bread
We read I Corinthians last week in D1 class.  We laid the groundwork for the passage that accompanied today's devotional.  Ephesians 4:1-16.  We will offer, in a loving and prayerful manner, what we think the spiritual gifts of the our classmate are.  It should be a cool experience.  The silly bear that I am asked "can I say someone is a foot?"  I knew this would set up one of the other classmates to say "Can I say someone is an a$$hole?"  DOH!  I guess we both need to read more!

So read the scripture passage.  Think about what your gift(s) might be.  Over the years, it has been suggested to me that I might have three gifts: prophecy, teaching and evangelism.  I don't know.  I know there are things I like to do for God.  I am not sure I am doing all I can.  Are you?

Lord, help me recognize and put into action my spiritual gifts...

Simply Saturday
Of Moobs and Men
Yes, I realize I can be very intense in my blog entries.  I feel lighthearted today after having a very busy week and getting some things done.  I don't like being this busy because I can't do the things I really want to do!  We all make our choices.

As I have written the past few months, I started on a new exercise and diet adventure.  The diet is really changing my eating habits, which have been awful to atrocious during my lifetime.  I really have no excuse.  I know better.  Now the funny part, the moobs.  What are moobs?  It is the abbreviation for man boobs.  You know them.  You have all either seen them on a chunky guy or you may even have them yourself.  Far be it from me to judge!  hehehe  Don't hate now!

Where do they come from?  My theory is that the fat from my tummy area had a big war and some of the fat traveled north to my chest.  That is my story and I am sticking to it.  When I say I want to have a bounce in my step, I do not mean my moobs.  I don't want my moobs to stop bouncing five minutes after the rest of me stops!  It would be nice for my chest to be a manly chest, hairy and firm.  I like that idea.

What am I going to do about it?  Well, I am not sure.  I haven't seen any supplements for moobs.  You know what I am talking about -- the TV ads for supplements than help you lose weight without dieting or exercising.  Is there a supplement for moobs?  How about an exercise machine infomercial with testimonials about how men starting using it and worked off their moobs?  There could be mooby "before" pictures and the firm, hairy chest "after" pictures.  No, I think not!  ;-P  I think I will invent one.  The Moob Buster or MoobSter or the MoobBeGone or something silly like that.  With all the moobs out there, I am sure there is a large target market!  ha!

I decided to work on my moobs, despite the fact that it seems hopeless at times.  I started wearing a sauna belt around my waist a few months ago.  It seems to have helped slim down my midsection.  I am going to try the same approach on my moobs.  As a matter of fact, I am wearing it right now as I go out to run errands!  I am serious!  I will also wear the sauna belt over my moobs when exercising.  Firm, hairy chest, here I come!

Thank you for letting me digress.  I realize I can be very intense at times.  My relationship with God, my friends, and my church are very important to me.  My prayer is that everyone can see that regardless of my moobs!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment