Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How beautiful...

Our Daily Bread
I never really thought about feet that much.  I trim my toenails.  I usually wear socks with my shoes (though not with sandals...).  I check my toes and stuff since I am diabetic.  I also laughed at the feet of Frodo and friends in the Lord of the Rings movies!  Yikes!

Feet literally took a beating in the olden times.  Some folks wore sandals.  Many folks couldn't afford sandals so they walked barefoot all the time.  Imagine how your feet would feel in the desert areas of Israel and Egypt after a long day of work or a long journey.  Apparently, it was a honored custom to have a servant or family member wash and anoint the feet of special guests.  This was very comforting for the guest and also demonstrated the ultimate in hospitality.

The story in the devotional is one of my favorites.  The sinful woman was so repentant, that she washed the feet of Jesus with her tears (not a basin of water) and wiped them off with her hair (rather than a cloth or towel).  She then anointed his feet with expensive oil that showed she gave him all she had.  Wow!

What are we willing to do to show our love for Jesus?  To show our devotion and gratitude for the gift of eternal life?

Lord, please help us show our love for you in the best ways we know how!

Witness Wednesday
I had an interesting week.  Whew...  I was a little busy over the weekend.  I was somewhat disappointed that I didn't get my projector and screen mounted in the basement.  I will try to get that done in the next few weeks, after the correct project mounting hardware arrives at the house.  I love the projector.  It looks great on a wall with only primer!  I will figure out the furniture strategy sometime as well.  Not sure what I want to do yet.

I was a little down on Monday.  I was thinking a lot about God's promises.  I have been tempted a lot to do some things on my own instead of waiting on God.  Finding the balance between being open to his leading and making things happen myself is difficult for me.  I will keep working on it.  ;-p

I have been working out a lot.  Maybe too much.  Whew...  I am trying to find the balance there as well.  I like challenging myself physically, but only if it doesn't interfere with my real life!  I am eating better, but not always consistently eating better.  I can lapse two or three days in a row, gain some weight, feel bad, then try to take it off again.  I go in this one-step-forward-two-steps-back cycle that I don't like.  Hate it...  Consistency is hard for me.  That is one of the reasons I started writing this blog.  It required me to make a consistent, disciplined commitment to writing something each day.  I have done pretty well with it.  I will continue!

What is your challenge?  Don't have any?  Look again!  hehehe

Other Stuff
Had a busy day at work.  Thankfully, a 3:00 - 5:00 meeting was canceled!  Woohooo!  I took a quick nap at home, then went to my boot camp class.  I guess I didn't eat enough yesterday because I got very weak during the class.  I had to leave after 30 minutes.  I went home to rest and get something to eat.  My blood sugar was fine.  I just felt very weak.  I rested and read my D1 stuff the remainder of the evening.

I tried a new workout place this morning.  I was still tired from last night, so I didn't try as hard as I should have.  I will take it easy tonight and try it again tomorrow.  I am not sure I like this place.  I did like the foam roller stretches that help get the toxins out of your muscles!  I ordered one of my own on Amazon.com this morning.  My favorite gym so far has been the cross fit gym, but it is very out of the way for me.  The price is right however, so I might reconsider it.  I like the emphasis on eating right!

I am enjoying the new car.  I am watching the fuel gauge to get an idea of how the mileage is doing.  ;-)  Between the gas cans in my garage and the free fill up I have on my Giant Eagle card, I shouldn't have to pay for gas for a while!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment