Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cry out to God

Our Daily Bread
During my Bible study classes the past two years and during college (a very long time ago), we discussed what psalms like Psalm 119 really meant.  Can we really cry out to God?  Will he listen?  Will it really do any good?

I can answer those questions from my personal experience with a resounding "YES!"!  We can cry out to God if we are so moved by our situations or the situations of others.  He will listen (he has listened to me over and over and confirmed he heard me in a myriad of ways).  Yes, it really will be a good thing!  As I make my meager gains in my relationship with God, I find that God teaches me what to cry out for during these times.  The Holy Spirit, who can help us with groans of pain and love, will help us when we can't put things into words.

Trust God.  He is trustworthy and true.  I know this.  I hope you do too!

Lord, thank you for being there when we need to cry out or just to talk softly to our God!

Technology Thursday
I have to admit that I was disappointed last weekend.  I thought the ATT LTE service would be available when I visited St Louis.  It was not active yet.  As I understand it, there were a few periods when it was up and down, but it was not "live".  Oh well.  I will test my iPad LTE capabilities some other time.

Here are a few technology headlines:
Sony cuts 10,000 jobs.  Sony reported its biggest quarterly loss ever recently.  The company has not kept up with the times.  They are hurting and hurting bad.  We will see how they rebound.

U.S. sues Apple and some others over price fixing ebooks.  Apparently, Apple tried to collude with other retailers to fix prices on ebooks.  Amazon, for example, was undercutting them on prices!  So were others.  We will see how this turns out.

Tricorder to be reality?  If you ever watched any of the Star Trek series, they had some amazing gadgets.  One of the most impressive was the Tricorder used by the medical team.  Apparently, the day may be coming soon for the tricorder to be reality!

Big virus hits Mac OS  Apple is stinging again this week after reports of a virus that could have affected as many as six million Macs comes to light.  In defense of Apple, this is very unusual.  A reality check says that any popular OS will have hackers trying to break into it.

Other Stuff
I did some shopping after work last night.  Found some bargains at Target, like a microwave oven for my basement.  Very cool.  I took a short nap then talked with some friends before D1 class.  My devotional went well in D1 class.  Class was great as well.  I went to bed as soon as I got home.  Thank God for sleep!

I have a light day at work, then exercise class, then church choir practice.  I am looking forward to a fun weekend of social activities and working on my basement.  Very cool.

Have a great day!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment