Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Follower or trailblazer?

Our Daily Bread
When I think of a trail blazer, I think of Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett.  I never really thought of every day people, even myself, as trail blazers.

We can be trail blazers in many ways.  I was the first from my family to graduate from college and to get a master's degree.  Other folks may have blazed the way for moving out of the patterns their families have been in for generations.  Others can break free from the unfortunate events in their lives so they can help others blaze the trail to healthy emotional and physical lives.  What trails are you blazing?  What trails could you blaze?  Think about that today!

Lord, thank you for examples like David and Solomon who blazed trails for you.

Teaching Tuesday
We read two chapters again this week as we wind down to our last four class periods.  Whew!  We read about the topic of "Sacrifice" in the book of Hebrews.  I don't remember reading much of the book before.  It was pretty intense!

We also read about the topic of "Holy" in the books of I and II Peter.  We also circled back around to a few chapters in Leviticus and Isaiah to tie things together.  I liked the books of Peter.  Very interesting stuff.

Other Stuff
I started feeling better yesterday, especially after starting the antibiotics the doctor gave me.  I did NOT have strep throat, but I did have a nasty sinus and throat infection again.  ;-(  OH well.  My throat has never been so sore in my life!  I gargled with salt water several times.  It didn't help at all!  I had to work late to make up the time from getting into work late after my annual physical.  I will get the results later this week.

After I got home, I did a light workout and then folded and put away laundry.  I hadn't done that yet.  ;-p  I also fixed some supper and tried to go to bed early.  That didn't work out. Oh well.

I have a busy day, then a boot camp class tonight.  Will try to review my D1 reading after class.

I received a very nice note from my minister tonight.  I really appreciated that.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment