Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crazy love

Our Daily Bread
I think stories like Hosea scare some folks away from God.  ;-(  "What if God calls me to be a prophet?"  "What if God asks me to do the crazy stuff like in the Old Testament?"  I have those fears as well.  I guess what gets me through them all is learning to trust God more and more.  I trust God to push me and bend me, but not to break me.  He never allows more then we can bear!

The story of Hosea is simple: God tells Hosea to marry a woman that will forsake him for other men.  This relationship parallels the relationship between God and Israel.  One metaphor for the relationship is that Israel is  the bride of God, or God is the bridegroom of the blushing bride Israel.  Like a bride in Biblical times (and hopefully today as well), she is pure and wholesome and faithful.  The groom is also faithful and loving.  Israel forsook God for other idols and stuff over and over.  Bad Israel!  Bad Israel!  hehehe

I was pretty judgmental towards Israel until the Holy Spirit guided me to see the same problem in MY relationship with God!  Yikes!  Bad Duane!  Bad Duane!  I guess we have already established that!  ;-p

What about your relationship with God?

Lord, help us to be faithful and true in our relationship with  you!

Technology Thursday
Not sure what to write about this week.  I am still working on the home theater.  I received the correct ceiling mounting bracket yesterday.  I am not sure of my plans for Saturday, but I hope to get the screen and projector mounted.  I will see how that works out.  I also want to move the club chair from the family room to the basement as well.  I am looking at lighting options for the room, too.  I want to replace the florescent lights that I have now.  I also want to get some lights for the stairwell and the entry way to the basement that I can control via remote control.  I think I found those the other day.  I will keep plugging away at it.  ;-)

Other Stuff
I have a trip to Kentucky planned for mid-May.  I want to visit my family and also attend a graduation.  Another graduation in Central Kentucky.  Go figure!  ;-p

I have to stop by the car dealer tonight.  I forgot my sunglasses in my old car.  I would like to mow the lawn after that (and before choir practice) so I don't have to worry about it this week.  I will see how that goes.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment