Saturday, April 7, 2012

On Location - St Louis Day 2

Our Daily Bread
I really hate these devotions at times!  hehehe  Not really, but they can cut so deep with the message and the Word of God!  It is like having a leech cut off of you.  It hurts, but you know it is the best thing for you!

I Corinthians 13, also known as the Love chapter, is so amazing.  The devotion talked about a few verses, 4 - 8,   The part of the devotional that cut me the most is the part about how we react when our helpfulness is not recognized or unrewarded.  Yikes!  I will also add unappreciated, which is the same as unrewarded, I guess.

How do you react in those cases?  I know I don't always act well!

Lord, help me to love better, to love like you love me.

Simply Saturday
I had a good day with my best friend.  We rested and goofed off during the day.  I managed to finish the last 20% of the last Hunger Games book, Mockingjay.  Woohooo!  I really liked those three books!  We had a nice breakfast as well and talked and watched TV and talked....  ;-)  We ran some errands before meeting friends for supper.  One of the friends I met during my first visit to St Louis a long time ago!  We have kept in touch over the years.  Very cool.  We had a nice supper at Pietros, though I ate WAY too much. They had my favorite tortellini dish and I ate every bite!  Way too much food for someone changing his eating habits.  I will do better today.  We went back to my best friend's apartment and had some dessert and talked.

Here is a pic of me with the Pietros Easter bunny:

We will run errands for our Easter dinner today.  It is supposed to be pretty here again today.  ;-)

So I had an epiphany with mi tigre on Thursday night.  We are not pursuing a romantic relationship any longer.  We will be friends.  It will be nice to have someone to talk about eating and workouts with.  He cannot be the priority in my life he once was after our decision.  I am fine with it.  It is a burden lifted.  I knew he was not right for me, but God used us in each other's lives in many ways.  I am thankful.

I scheduled my Body by Todd sessions the other day.  I will use up that Groupon deal and determine my next workout approach.  Should be interesting.  The cross fit stuff is cool.  I will probably check that out and follow up with that.  That gym is really out of my way.  I am not sure I want to make it my main workout place.  I will figure it out.  I know I need to keep up with my better eating habits.  That is taking me a long way to losing weight and being healthier!  It is a lifelong change!

Time to go.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  Burdens have been lifted this weekend.  New opportunities for faith and trusting God.  How can I keep from singing?  ;-O

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment