Monday, April 16, 2012

Shine!

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever worked with old wood furniture that lost its beauty?  You can do several things to remove the old finish, then apply a new finish.  When you are done, the true beauty of the wood shines through!  It is amazing!

God wants to do that with us.  He wants us to be grateful for the beauty he created in the world.  He wants us to be grateful for the beauty he creates in us.  That is, if we just let him!

I am feeling a little "down" today.  I am not sure why.  This devotional reminded me to always be grateful for the things I have, the people in my life (though they can be a challenge at times), and for every situation that I encounter that gives me a chance to let Jesus shine through.  "Grateful, grateful, truly grateful I am..."  I hope I start feeling this today.  So far --- nada...

Lord, help us always be grateful of the beauty around us and inside us!

Movie Monday
I took time to see the movie Lockout on Sunday.  I wanted to see Guy Pearce all butch and stuff!  hehehe

The movie was OK.  I liked it as much as many of the other movies I have seen lately.  If you don't think too much, you can enjoy it more.  Guy is OK in his role of Snow, an ex CIA agent that is trying to free the president's daughter from a maximum security space prison.  It has the elements of sci-fi and of an action movie.  There was a hint of a love story, but it wasn't too distracting.  hehehe  The special effects are sort of cool, so see this one on the big screen.

I give this movie two bear paws.

Other Stuff
I went to early church, then drove to the movies (see review above).  After the movie, I stopped by Target, had a conversation with mi tigre, and stopped by the Hyundai dealer to look at some cars.  I found one I really like, so I am thinking seriously of buying it if I can get the deal I want.  I will call the salesman today.  It is a 2012 Sonata GLS.  I didn't need the SE or Limited packages.  I want the GLS with the auto headlights and alloy wheels.  All the 2012 Sonatas come with BlueLink, so that is cool.  The payments will probably be cheaper than my Escape and the gas mileage is about 25-30% better.  I like that!

I worked on my side dish for dinner group.  It turned out pretty good.  The dinner was good and the fellowship was fun as usual!

I have exercise class tonight.  I want to decide which gym to attend for my cross fit exercises.  I like this approach.  I like the integrated "eat well" emphasis as well.  I will see how that works out.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment