Saturday, April 28, 2012

The best laid plans...

Our Daily Bread
The best laid plans of mice and men don't always work out.  We all know that from our daily lives!  I am a planner.  I know these things!  hehehe

Haman had an issue with Mordecai, who wouldn't bow before him in public places.  Mordecai only bowed to the living God.  Haman got mad and schemed to have not only Mordecai, but ALL of the Jews killed.  Esther risked her life by approaching the king to reverse his decision.  Read Esther 7:1-10  for the amazing turn of events.  Haters never win!  hehehe

I also liked the quote by George Washington Carver:
“Hate within will eventually destroy the hater.”

Wow!  I am slowly dealing with my self-hate.  I dealt with much of it when I was coming out and dealing with my sexuality.  My religious background filled me with self-hate for my homosexual feelings.  Now, I sometimes let my borderline perfectionist tendencies to drive some self-hate because I can't or won't do all the things I am supposed to or want to do.  Whew!  God can make us all whole, including healing our self-hate!

Lord, thank you for your healing power.  Help us all claim it every day!

Simply Saturday
I had a week!  I feel much better this morning after starting antibiotics on Monday.  I have been trying to rest more this week even though I managed to workout almost every day.  My goal for this week was to break the 30 pounds lost mark.  I did it this morning!  Woohoooo!  I managed to do it with sensitive eating and reasonable exercise.  I must figure out how to lose and maintain my ideal weight without spending all my time working out. Whew!  I want to have a nice body for my age.  I don't have to be a weight lifter kind of guy.  I am not motivated or wanting to be that.

I try to vary my exercise.  I do my Bowflex routine a few days a week.  I like that.  I try to do the routines I learned at the boot camp and cross fit classes to work different muscles.  I ride my recumbent bike.  I start playing in a singles tennis league next week.  I would like to maintain and lose another five pounds in the next two weeks before my Kentucky trip.  After I do that (thinking positively), I will be within seven pounds of my five year lowest weight.  I can do this!

Relationships and friendships have been on my mind a lot the past few weeks.  Lots of ups and downs.  I had to be careful that I took time for myself.  I was putting out a lot of energy listening and helping friends.  I was running low on personal strength and started to feel better that no one was going out of their way for me.  God did again, like he always does!  His Spirit gently reminds me of my blessings, like I can actually see myself in the mirror (instead of losing my eye sight the past few years).  I told a buddy the other day that if I was partnered, I probably couldn't help out my friends and family as much.  I wouldn't be able to do as much.  Then again, if I was with the right person, I would be able to do more!  As Paul said, I will do my best to be content in whatever state I am.

I have a meeting at church today, then going to watch a rugby game.  That should be interesting.  I like the idea of husky men laying in a pile.  ;-)  I didn't work on m D1 reading last night, so I need to do that tonight. Oh, the wild and crazy gay lifestyle that everyone is so envious of.  Reading Revelation on a Saturday night...

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment