Monday, April 2, 2012

Dial 1 for ...

Our Daily Bread
I am old enough to remember when all customer support lines were real people.  There wasn't the endless maze of "Dial 1 for blah, Dial 2 for blah blah " and on and on.  Yikes!  Sometimes I just need to talk to someone about a problem that doesn't fit into one of their neat categories!

I am so very thankful that God hasn't gone to this system!  Can you even imagine what we would hear when we pray?  "Say 1 for healing requests.  Say 2 for job requests.  Say 3 for intercessory prayers.  Dial 9 for praises".  I imagine that number 9 wouldn't be used very much!

Our wonderful God is not available, he sends his Spirit to help us in our weakness, even in our weakness when we don't know how to pray.  I love Romans 8:26:

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

I have had some of those times lately.  Praise God that he sends his Spirit!  Thank you!  I am dialing 9 to praise him!

Lord, thank you for being there for us when we pray.  Thank you for sending your Spirit when we don't know what words to say!


Movie Monday
I got to see the movie Wrath of the Titans in 3D IMAX on Saturday.  I liked it better than the first movie.  I thought the 3D effects were much better in general, though there were several times when the blurriness of the CGI effects in 3D were very distracting.

The story line was very cool.  Lots of action.  Lots of emotion.  I loved the raw emotion showed by the actress who played the Queen of Greece after Cronos was defeated!  I wanted to stand and yell as well!

I give this movie two bear paws.  See it at the theater in 3D or 3D IMAX if you can.  It is worth the extra ticket price.

Other Stuff
I had  a busy Sunday. I had great conversations with mi tigre after church.  I trimmed and mowed the yard.  I spread some Preen on the landscaping.  I sprayed the weeds again.  I washed my Escape.  I am not sure I like the washing wand I bought.  I burns through a lot of soap when I wash.  Hmmm...  Also, the mop attachment falls off too easily.  Oh well.  I will figure it out.

I had a quick conversation with a Christian brother that I had a run in with last week.  I don't want to judge, but he is so clueless.  He thinks he is perfect and has nothing to work on in his life.  I am releasing him over to God and not interacting with him any longer.  There are some folks that just can't treat people right.  It is sad.  It is not my concern.  I will pray for him, but not try to be his friend.  It hurts me too much to be mistreated by him.

I read about 55% of the third Hunger Games book, Mockingjay.  I will finish it tonight after I workout and pack for my St Louis trip.  I am busy Tuesday and Wednesday nights, so I need to pack tonight.

I am looking forward to my St Louis trip.  Spending time with my best friend is one of my favorite things to do!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment