Friday, April 20, 2012

What's in a name...

Our Daily Bread
I often forget how the unusual habit I have with friends affects people.  If I start to get close to someone, I give him or her a nickname.  They can be descriptive or just silly.  My best friend and I call each other either "honey" or "pookie", for example.  ;-p

Jesus renamed Simon upon meeting him.  He looked into Simon's mind and heart and renamed him Cephas, which means Peter, which means "rock".  It is amazing how Jesus knew this man would be the cornerstone on which he would build his church!

The wonderful news is:  Jesus sees into each of us.  He knows what we are and what we can become if we give ourselves over to him.  One of the other nicknames or terms of endearment I use is BCOG.  You are a Beloved Child Of God!  Yes, you are!  Believe it and live it!

Lord, thank you seeing into my heart and mind.  Help me be the person you want me to be!

Foodie Friday
I bought a Goupon deal for a restaurant called Basil last week.  Here is the web site.  The menu looks very good.  Some friends of mine have eaten there and highly recommended it.  I love Asian food in general, except for curry dishes from India/Pakistan.  Not much of a curry fan at all!  Ewwww!  Sorry, don't mean to offend!

We talked about Thai food in our dinner group last week.  We talked about Thai Lagoon, which recently moved to the Best Western Hotel on Dublin-Granville Road (a great move!).  We also talked about the Thai Grill in Westerville.  I will try both of them out and let you know what I think.  I promise not to eat just Pad Thai in both places!  I love that dish!

On a different note, the Cuisine for a Cause event for church is at J Liu's in Worthington tonight.  It has a very electic menu.  Check it out sometime as well!

Other Stuff
I was very tired after work last night.  I stopped by the car dealer to pick up the sunglasses I left in the old car.  I went home, planning to take a short nap and then mow the lawn.  I took a nap alright.  Longer than I planned!  I managed to get the dishwasher emptied and a package mailed, but didn't mow the lawn.  I will try to do that tonight before C4aC.  It is not supposed to rain until tonight.  We will see.

I have choir practice in the morning for our spring musical presentation.  I need to do some work on my solo.  It is the only song that has to be memorized.  ;-p  It is not difficult.  I need to sit down with it so I don't look silly  up there!  hehehe

I hope to mount the projector and screen in my basement, but I may have to wait until next week.  My first priority to get some rest this weekend.  I have my annual physical on Monday.  That could be interesting as I get feedback on how my workouts are going.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment