Friday, April 27, 2012

I will follow him...

Our Daily Bread
...follow him wherever he may lead, do-do-dooooo.  I love that song from Sister Act!  hehehe  The devotional talks about the cost of following Christ.

Being a business person, I would probably create an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the costs of following Christ.  That is what I do!  hehehe  Like in business, most folks underestimate the costs!  The examples in Luke prove this point.  Jesus expected everything from his followers.  It was (or is) an easy call.

Why follow?  Because like any good business venture, the credits far outweigh the debits!  hehehe  The privilege to serve the Living God and the amazing life we have in Him far outweigh any costs!

Lord, thank you for offering an amazing and eternal life in you!

Foodie Friday
I ate at J. Liu's last Friday night.  Well, sort of.  I attended a function where they provided the Mexican food for the event theme.  The event was held on the second floor of the huge building in Worthington.  Very cool place!

The Mexican food was not that great in my opinion, but I was sort of ill that night.  I might not have been tasting things like I usually do.  I thought the food was bland and pretty tasteless, even the chicken mole!  Oh well.  I need to try the place again and eat off the regular menu.  Some friends of mine looked at the menu and thought it looked great.  Plus, I also get Southwest Airlines points for eating there as well!

Other Stuff
I had a busy day. I helped a friend with some computer stuff after work.  I had enough time to run him home and grab a hamburger before choir rehearsal.  I didn't eat much yesterday.  I wasn't hungry most of the day.  I think that is from the antibiotics I am taking.

I am doing OK on the weight loss again.  I have been hovering between 23 - 28 pounds.  I want to lose another 5 - 10 in the next few weeks.  I haven't been exercising much the last week due to being sick.  I have a goal to look good for my May 11 road trip!

I need to run some errands tonight.  I will see how that goes. I have a meeting at church tomorrow morning, then watch a friend's rugby match.  Interesting.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment