Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You are so bad...

Our Daily Bread
OK, I have to admit it.  I hear this phrase a lot "You are so bad!".  It is usually said playfully by a friend or family member who was on the receiving end of my teasing or joking.  Even my own mother says it so it must be true!  Yikes!  At least I don't sit in the corner bragging about it!

Well, I sort of do that.  I wear the "nice bad boy" tag with pride, maybe too much pride.  Is everything I say edifying or building up someone else?  Do my statements bring glory to God?  Are they of pure thought and intention?  I guess the honest answer to those questions is "no".  I laugh it off as being part of my "charm".

Can we be charming and  godly?  Yes, of course we can!  God gave us a sense of humor to use to make our days lighter and to lift the spirits of those around us.  We have to use it responsibly!

Lord, help me use my gift of a joyful spirit and adorable charm, errrrr, I mean, being me to your glory!

Teaching Tuesday
We read two chapters this week as we are winding down our class.  Whew!  I read Galatians, I Timothy, II Timothy and Titus.  What a difference in Paul's demeanor!  He was NOT happy with the folks at Galatia!

I have to admit that Paul sounded much more like he hates women in Galatians.  After last week, I better understood the context in which he wrote some of the things to women in Corinthians.  That wasn't so bad.  What context does he have for the Galatians?  I need to learn more about that.  They are all short books.  Give them a quick read.

Other Stuff
I ran home after work to change and do some errands.  I made it to the gym on time for my QVR class.  It went fast.  I tried hard to do all the exercises.

I spent the rest of the evening at the car dealer buying my new car!  I broke down and bought a new car last night.  I have been wanting one for a while, but didn't know what I wanted to buy.  My thriftiness got the best of me and I picked the Hyundai Sonata.  Very nice car!  My best friend bought the next trim level up from mine.  Mine has all the stuff on it I wanted.  I am looking forward to the better gas mileage.  I will write more about it soon.
2012 Hyundai Sonata Vehicle Photo in Columbus, OH 43231

Lots of things going on this week.  We will see how they go!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment