Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Run Forrest Run!

Our Daily Bread
Yes, I went there!  I referenced the movie Forrest Gump!  hehehe  Some people love that movie.  Some people hate that movie!  The devotional talks about a little rabbit that barely escapes the talons of an eagle that wanted to make Hasenpfeffer!

The point of the devotional is that we need to develop the skills to avoid the evil one in our lives as much as possible.  Like the rabbit, we need to sense when the evil one is trying to work no good in our lives.  We need to run or put up our defenses of Bible study and prayer to ward off evil!

Lord, help us know when we should be wary of the evil one and not fall into temptation!

Witness Wednesday
I had another bizarre week!  I am getting through it all, but it is wearing me out.  I am doing my best to work through issues with friends and relationships in a caring and loving manner.  I really suck at this at times.  Oh well.  I will keep trying.  I apologized to a friend last night even though I was not totally at fault.  I couldn't go another week without making things right or at least trying.

I joked with my best friend about my rampage the past few weeks. Haven't felt like myself.  I teased "I don't even OWN a pair of kid gloves!  How can I handle things with them!"  hehehe  Oh well.  I will keep praying.  I will keep getting better.  I will try to love better and better.  That is the only way I know how to be.

Other Stuff
I worked late again last night and then drove down to Canal Winchester for my singing engagement with the Nationaires.  My buddy's house is on the way, so I stopped for a quick apology.  I got to read a little before the concert.  The concert went well.  I was happy with the way it turned out.  Several of us went to Las Margheritas afterwards for supper.  I went home and fell into bed.  Whew...

We sing at our Dublin office at lunch time today.  That should be fun.

I have to run by Giant Eagle tonight and then to D1 class.  I have to finish my packing after class and load the car.  I plan to leave from work to drive to St Louis at lunch time tomorrow.  woohooo!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment