Friday, November 9, 2012

Do you weawy, weawy wuv me?

Our Daily Bread
I grew up in the era of what I think are great cartoons.  One of my favorite characters is Elmer Fudd.  His unusual way of speaking tickles me every time I hear it.  I make jokes out of the way he would say things, like the title of this blog entry.  I can hear God saying: "I wuv you.  I weawy weawy wuv you... hehhehheheh..."  Hey, whatever it takes for God to get through to us!

The devotional meant a lot to me since God has been reinforcing and refining the way I treat people.  I joke with my roommate: "You need to find a new roommate.  One who treats you better..."  ha!  God has been working on me to treat people better, even when I don't feel like it or when they don't treat me well.  It is not human nature.  We are not supposed to rely on human nature, but God's nature was we live our lives in this world!

Lord, thank you for teaching how to live.  Help us to make it so!

Foodie Friday
I am going to Kentucky Friday and Saturday for my niece's wedding.  I booked a hotel room in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.  I noticed that there is a Stonehearth Inn restaurant near the hotel.  I am excited about that.  I have some fond memories of this restaurant from my college days many, many (and some would say many, many, many, many...) years ago.  ;-)  I plan to have the prime rib dinner.  I LOVE good prime rib!  Should be a fun evening.

I hope to find a good breakfast place in the morning.  I want something off the beaten path.  I vaguely remember a greasy spoon in Hodgenville, but it is probably close up by now.  I will check out other options.

I might stop by The Bristol in Louisville for friend green chili wontons with avocado dip.  I might stop by Wicks or Impellizeris for pizza.   MmmMmmmmm

****************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment