Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Marinate

Our Daily Bread
I have a pretty good memory.  It is almost scary at times the things I remember (and the things I forget!).   One thing that I have always had trouble memorizing is scripture.  My father made me memorize John 10:10 when I was and early teen.  I still remember it today because it was drilled into my head many, many times!

I like the point the devotional makes -- just memorizing scripture is not enough.  We need to "hide it in our hearts".  I don't know about you, but when I hide things I can't always find them again!  Yikes!  The point is that we are to let the scripture permeate our entire being, not just be able to spout it out when needed.  It is like we need to marinate in scripture for it to get in to every part of our being!  ha!

Lord, thank you for your Word.  Please help us find the appropriate place and use for it in our minds and hearts!

Wellness Wednesday
I found an interesting article/podcast while researching what to write this morning.  The title is "Exercise lengthens life regardless of weight" from the magazine Scientific American.  We've all be told to eat right and exercise and get our weight down to the ridiculously low levels that the charts say.  I have always been frustrated by that seemingly unattainable goal!

The point of the article/podcast is the same thing I have been saying do something.  Anything with movement and getting your heart rate up.  Do you best to eat better.  If you have forgotten, my joke is: "I hold on to my bad eating habits tighter than a box of Hohos on a Saturday night!"  ha!  Be well!

Secret number 22 from The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
Pay attention.  You may have what you want.
We often forget to sit down and think about where we started and where we are now.  We always seem to want more.  A better approach is to remember where you started and appreciate how much you have accomplished!

*********************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment