Sunday, November 18, 2012

Warning, Will Robinson!

Our Daily Bread
There was a science fiction show on TV when I was a kid called "Lost in Space". You may have seen the show in reruns or the silly movie version (Yikes...).  The most notable phrase from that show was when the robot started waving his mechanical arms and stated over and over: "Warning, Will Robinson".

God does that for us, though, I can't imagine him throwing his arms around like the robot!  ha!  God warns us about things in several ways.  First, in his Word.  The scripture passage from Proverbs 6:16-22 is a perfect example of God telling us ways he doesn't want us to act.  Second, he gives some a conscience.  We usually know when we do stuff we shouldn't.  There is a tiny voice or sometimes a BIG booming voice telling us "Are you sure you want to do that?"  ha!  Let's all remember this saying from the devotional:  God’s warnings aren't meant to take the fun out of life, but rather to protect and preserve life.

Lord, thank you for protecting us if we will just listen!

Psalm Sunday
Let's look at Psalm 70 this week.  It is only five verses, but it has some urgent requests to God.  It also includes verse 4 that says "may all who seed you rejoice and be glad in you".  That is my prayer for us today!


Psalm 70

For the director of music. Of David. A petition.

1 Hasten, O God, to save me;
    come quickly, Lord, to help me.
2 May those who want to take my life
    be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
    be turned back in disgrace.
3 May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!”
    turn back because of their shame.
4 But may all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
    “The Lord is great!”
5 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
    Lord, do not delay.


************************************

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment