Friday, November 16, 2012

Every day

Our Daily Bread
I remember learning it myself and also seeing one of my nephews learn this important lesson -- there are some things in life that you need to do EVERY day!  Brush your teeth, clean up, etc, etc.  It is the right thing to do!

We don't always remember that talking to God and learning about God should be one of those things too!  EVERY day!  Some friends say "I don't have time for that EVERY day" in sort of a mocking tone.  I shared with them something I learned during my Walk to Emmaus.  We all have the same amount of time.  We choose to do the things with that time that are important to us (the "I will MAKE time to do this" pledge).  If we tell someone (including God) "I don't have time for that", we are really saying "That (or you) are not a priority to me!"  Wow!  I know that sounds harsh, but it is true!  Denial is tough to face!  I know!

What are your priorities?  Is God one of them?

Lord, thank you for loving us whether or not we make you one of our priorities!  We will try harder to move you to the top of the priority list!

Foodie Friday
Stuff
I tried a new way to make a pot roast in the crock pot last time.  I used Campbells French Onion canned soup instead of the powdered onion soup mix.  It was great!  It gave the roast a better overall taste.  Give that a try some time!

I saw something new at Meijer (at least it was new to me) -- a whole wheat thin crust pizza crust.  I love pizza, but try to make it healthier than I can usually get at a pizzeria.  Frankly, the only pizza place in Columbus that I really like is Mama Mimis take and bake.  I sort of like Adriaticos.  The others are just OK.  I miss Wicks and Impellizzeris in Louisville!

I am planning the Thanksgiving dinner for next Thursday.  I think this will be most of the menu:
Appetizer: Spanakopita

Meal:
Turkey (making it myself)
Honey Baked ham
mashed potatoes (homemade)
steamed veggies
Stuffing (not sure about this one yet -- might be from a box)
cranberry sauce (can reuse what we don't eat later)
crescent rolls

Dessert:
chocolate bourbon pecan pie
apple pumpkin pie
sugar free chocolate pie

I will think about it some more over the weekend.  I may have other guests than just my family.

******************************

We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment