Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More, more, more

Our Daily Bread
I am not a big Broadway geek, but there are some shows I know a little bit about.  One of the shows, that was also made into a movie, was Oliver.  In one well-known scene, Oliver does the unthinkable -- he asks for more food at dinner time!  The concept of "more" can get us into trouble sometimes!

One example of the concept of "more" not getting us in trouble is God's love.  God loves us more than we can comprehend.  God challenges to love ourselves and others more.  I love this saying from the devotional:
Our limited ability to love does not change God’s limitless power to love through us.
Wow!  Think on that saying today!

Lord, thank you for your love.  Thank you for loving others through us if we will just let you.

Teaching Tuesday
You know how blunt I can be.  This week's lesson was sort of boring.  It traced through the Exodus story in the scripture and how it all worked.  Better said, how we think it all worked.  The text gave a lot of examples of how historical texts match up to the stories of the Exodus, Israel and the promised land of Canaan.  It was sort of interesting. I guess I got so much out of the previous weeks' lessons that this one was a little bit of a let down.  I finally figured out that God wants me to understand my own history.  Understand where I am now and where I will be going.  He wants me to love myself more so I can love others better.  Yes, that is a stretch from the text of this lesson, but it is what it is!

***********************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment