Monday, November 19, 2012

Not by works

Our Daily Bread
I am a "doer".  I don't just talk about doing stuff, I do it.  I have to admit that it gets me in trouble sometimes.  I do stuff I shouldn't.  I try to move God's plan along with my own plans and schemes.  I do, instead of having faith.  Not good!

The devotional is about doing things and falling short of our goals.  In the case of Christians, it is falling short of the goals that God gave us.  Yes, we all fall short of the glory of God.  We all understand that.  Our goal is to strive to be Christ-like in our walk on this earth.  I know I sometimes fail horribly like Evel Knievel did jumping across the Snake River Canyon.  God is our parachute as we land in the valley below after such failures.  If we trust and have faith, God will raise us up again in to his loving arms for guidance and peace.

What plans are you making today that just ain't right?

Lord, thank you for being there for us when we fail.  Help us to rely on your more to move towards our goal of being Christ-like!

Movie Monday
I got to see two movies last week: Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 and Taken 2.

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2
I took some ribbing from friends about seeing this movie instead of Lincoln.  I thought I would finish out this series and be done with it!  ha!  It was more of the same of the Twilight story, but it had several surprises. You will have to see it to find out.  I am not spoiling it for anyone!  If you liked the other movies, you will like this one too.

I give it the same as the others -- two bear paws.

Taken 2
Again, if you liked the first movie in this series, you will probably like the second.  It is more of the same except for a few surprises and some oddities that were not lost on me.  They will be obvious to you as you watch the movie.  There is one chase scene that is worth the price of the movie ticket (or rental).

I give this one two bear paws as well.  You can rent it.  No need to see it in the theaters.

***************************
Let go, my friends!   God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment